B. Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) Travel and Tourism (Vocational)
B.Com Travel & Tourism (Vocational), which was launched in 2014 at SCC, is an intensive and comprehensive program spread over three years. With a strong foundation in commerce studies, the course specializes in tourism and travel management. The dynamic curriculum prepares a student to adapt to the demands and face the challenges of today’s hospitality industry. The course provides opportunities to students to connect with various bodies and associations within the hospitality industry to equip them professionally. The program has both theory and practical subjects as part of the syllabus. Classroom teaching is augmented with presentations, discussions, workshops, industrial tours, and visits to centres of heritage and culture to provide holistic education. National and International tours make this experiential learning remarkable. With personal care and professional grooming, SCC has become one of the best Travel and Tourism Colleges in Bangalore.
Objectives of the course:
- To inculcate professional standards among students as per the requirements of the ever changing travel & tourism industry.
- To sharpen students’ analytical and decision making skills.
- To develop and train the students with professional skills to adapt to the world of travel and tourism.
- To organize regular industrial visits and tours for hands on experience and up-gradation of skills.
Features of the Course:
- The course offers good theoretical knowledge and practical skills required for careers in business, commerce, travel, tourism, and hospitality industry.
- Holistic development of students by training in soft and professional skills through creative projects and workshops.
- The course has a strong industry and institute interface by organizing Internships every year, regular sessions with experts from the academia and industry.
- Visit to exhibitions and fairs like IITM and places of culture & heritage.
- State level Tourism Fest
- International and National Tours
- Organizing workshops and seminars related to travel & tourism
- Celebration of World Tourism Day
- Kite flying competition
- Visit to exhibitions and fairs like IITM and TTF
- Visit to Centres of Culture & Heritage
- Industrial Tour
- Regular sessions with experts from the academia and industry
Course Duration : 3 Years / Six Semesters
- PRO in organizations such as Dept. of Tourism
- Travel Agencies
- Tour Operators, Guides & Consultants
- Hospitality Industry – Hotel
- Get into Airline Industry
- Tourism Promotion Office – KSTDC, ITDC
- To begin Start Ups
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Corporate World- HR, Marketing, Accounting, Exports, NGOs, etc.
Eligibility: 10+2 / Pre-University Course/Equivalent (During admissions, the College fixes minimum cut off marks from the qualifying examination).