Though the establishment of IQAC in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in India is a post NAAC accreditation quality sustenance requirement, St Claret College (SCC) has proactively established a full fledged cell aimed at creating and putting in place all mechanisms essential to deliver quality – both academic and administrative – and ensure their consistency and enhancement as pre- accreditation measure.
In keeping with the framework provided by the NAAC, the SCC IQAC is established with the following guidelines:
Objectives and Strategies :
- Improving the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Monitoring the quality parameters of the college.
- Optimizing, integrating and monitoring modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Maintaining consistency and enhancement in quality Promoting and institutionalizing innovative practices.
- Establishing and ensuring maintenance and functioning of the support structures.
- Development of Bench marks for quality in academic and administrative activities.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops and seminars related to quality and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute :
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To improve inter communication.